As part of the Fitness challenge that I joined in I was given a slot to join the Barre3 Class at The Spa.Spa in Bonifacio High Street. Conveniently located beside shops and restaurants in the middle of The Fort. So it wasn’t really hard to find.
When I first entered I had to register and get my locker key. I love the scent of peppermint that welcomed me.
Surprisingly the teacher Marie Calica was someone who I went to school with. She wasn’t my batchmate.I think she was 2 or 3 batches ahead. I’m really surprised that she even recognized me.
I was impressed by the looks of the studio. It really looked like a ballet studio. It had bars and mirrors placed on its walls.
There were 5 of us which was the perfect class size for me.
The class started with small, slow movements. We stretched and moved, slowly, but as the workout progressed, our muscles, for some weird he reason, felt somewhat tense. We were made to focus and stretch. In the end we finally accomplished a full body workout!
Barre3 is a workout class which combines Ballet, Yoga and Pilates. Only for 60 minutes, its purpose is to improve posture, increase muscular strength, stamina and flexibility. I highly recommend it to men and women who want to become stronger through stretching and movement.
Here are some of the benefits of Barre3:
Builds longer, leaner muscles and a strong core.
- Energizes and increases stamina.
- Develops muscle balance leading to a well-proportioned body with less risk for injury.
- Increases flexibility and creates a natural flow to the body.
- Precise instruction for each client improves results (without the cost of a personal trainer).
- Motivating group environment builds connections and community, both important in making exercise a regular part of life.
- Efficient 60-minute total body workout with child care makes it easy to fit into a busy schedule.
- Connects mind, body and breath and relieves stress.
Barre3 classes are available at The Spa, Fort Bonifacio and Alabang. They have morning, afternoon and evening sessions. You may contact them through:
Barre3 at The Spa Alabang : 8503490/8506836
Barre3 at The Spa Wellness at the Fort: 4035994/ 856-5858 to 6868
*Barre3 is offering a free trial session for first timers. To reserve your slot, please call either The Spa Alabang or The Spa Wellness at the Fort.